The last thing Jesus told his disciples was, “Go therefore and make disciples…” To make disciples I must first be one. In a private meeting with His disciples—Jesus teaches them the way of the disciple.
- Discipleship and the Cross John 13:1
Jesus loved His disciples-He loved them to the end.
- Discipleship and Service John 13:2-17
Do you know what Jesus has done for you? If you do and follow His
example you WILL BE blessed.
- Betrayal, Denial and Recovery John 13:18-30; 36-38
Judas and Peter illustrate that it can matter where you sit at the table.
- Discipleship and Love John 13:31-35; 14:1-6
Do this one thing and the world will know we are followers of Christ!
- Discipleship and God the Father John 14:5-11
Why is knowing the Father critical for discipleship?
- Discipleship and Anointed Work John 14:12-14
Doing the work like Jesus did: Within the anointing!
- The Disciple’s Helper John 14:15-26
The work of discipleship must be energized by the Spirit of God.
- Discipleship and Peace John 14:25-31
The Father gives the Spirit but Jesus leaves us His peace. Why is it NOT possible
for the world to produce this kind of peace?
MP3 32 min. Handout PDF
- Discipleship and Fruitfulness John 15:1-8; 16
Discipleship is NOT about me, my gifts or achievements.
It IS about what Jesus produces through me: Remaining fruit.
- Discipleship and Joy John 14:27; 15:9-17
How to abide in the joy that only Jesus can give.
- Discipleship and the World John 15:18-25
God loved the world but tells us NOT to love it and that the world will hate us.
So what are we to do?